(from Day 1 Evening Prayer)
Domine, Dominus noster
- O LORD our Governor, how excellent is thy Name in all the world: thou that hast set thy glory above the heavens!
- Out of the mouth of very babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength, because of thine enemies: that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
- For I will consider thy heavens, even the works of thy fingers: the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained.
- What is man, that thou art mindful of him: and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
- Thou madest him lower than the angels: to crown him with glory and worship.
- Thou makest him to have dominion of the works of thy hands: and thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet;
- All sheep and oxen: yea, and the beasts of the field;
- The fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea: and whatsoever walketh through the paths of the seas.
- O Lord our Governor: how excellent is thy Name in all the world!