(from Day 24 Morning Prayer)
- I AM well pleased: that the Lord hath heard the voice of my prayer;
- That he hath inclined his ear unto me: therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
- The snares of death compassed me round about: and the pains of hell gat hold upon me.
- I shall find trouble and heaviness, and I will call upon the Name of the Lord: O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
- Gracious is the Lord, and righteous: yea, our God is merciful.
- The Lord preserveth the simple: I was in misery, and he helped me.
- Turn again then unto thy rest, O my soul: for the Lord hath rewarded thee.
- And why? thou hast delivered my soul from death: mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
- I will walk before the Lord: in the land of the living.
- I believed, and therefore will I speak; but I was sore troubled: I said in my haste, All men are liars.
- What reward shall I give unto the Lord: for all the benefits that he hath done unto me?
- I will receive the cup of salvation: and call upon the Name of the Lord.
- I will pay my vows now in the presence of all his people: right dear in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
- Behold, O Lord, how that I am thy servant: I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid; thou hast broken my bonds in sunder.
- I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving: and will call upon the Name of the Lord.
- I will pay my vows unto the Lord, in the sight of all his people: in the courts of the Lord's house, even in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise the Lord.